Making s’mores has never been this easy. But regardless of how you choose to make them, just make sure you don’t miss the most delicious of parts; swirling melty marshmallow and chocolate perfectly held together by graham cookies. And this s’mores Recipe doesn’t disappoint.
S’mores Recipe for 10 portions
- 50 grams butter, melted
- 100 grams graham cracker crumbs
- 1000 grams homemade caramel ice cream /recipe page 44
- 50 grams chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 5 grams cream of tartar
- Combine butter and graham cracker crumbs and press flat into a decided silicon mold. Set aside.
- Add caramel-chocolate chip Ice cream into the mold and ensure no gaps of air between base and cream.
- Freeze solid for at least 2 hours at -18C
- Prepare marshmallow cream, place egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add 1cm of water to the bottom of a small pot (make sure that the bowl will rest on top and not touch the water) and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and place bowl over top, whisking constantly until egg whites are warmed and sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and beat with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form 6-8 minutes
- Remove ice cream with the base from the silicon molds, pipe or spread marshmallow over the top and toast with a kitchen torch.
- Garnish with chocolate.
- Serve immediately